Home Safety Woman’s Cigarette Ignites Oxygen Tank

Woman’s Cigarette Ignites Oxygen Tank

SHARE

A woman was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation and burns she suffered when her cigarette apparently ignited an oxygen tank and set fire to her apartment Wednesday morning.

The woman, who lives on the third floor of an assisted living center in the 3200 block of Sondra Drive, suffered burns to her upper body, said Fort Worth fire department spokesman Lt. Kent Worley.

The 58-year-old woman was taken by medical helicopter to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas.

Firefighters were called to Casa Inc. around 8 a.m., and the one-alarm fire was confined to one unit of the building, Lt. Worley said.

No one else was injured.

Damage is estimated at about $35,000.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here