The groundskeeper for a Connecticut high shool decided pouring gasoline along the infield would help the field dry out sooner. As you can imagine, someone then decided to start a fire.
According to WKYT, police are investigating the incident, though no one has been charged.
The groundskeeper said the gasoline was used because it had rained the night before and the field was wet, causing a delay.
To make matters worse, gasoline-soaked soil is a hazmat situation and requires for it to be tested and removed. That could cost the town thousands of dollars.
© 2019 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, ticker BMTM.