First responders are becoming increasing victims of overdoses while on duty- and it isn’t their fault.
Such was the case when an Ohio firefighter-paramedic overdosed while coming into accidental exposure with fentanyl.
The medic was driving a suspected overdose patient to the hospital on Thursday night when he suddenly began showing signs of an overdose himself, forcing his partner to jump into action and prevent a crash.
The victim’s partner administered Narcan, saving his life and transporting him to the hospital.
According to the Daytona Daily News, law enforcement agencies and first responders have since been educating personnel on ways to prevent accidental exposure to fentanyl.