Leoni TWP., MI – Victor Marquardt felt the explosive impact six houses away while he was inside his house.
Marquardt lives on Curtis Avenue, down the street from a marijuana processing operation in a garage that Blackman-Leoni Director of Public Safety Mike Jester said caught fire around 1:50 p.m., Wednesday, March 11.
Firefighters found the garage in the 200 block of Curtis Avenue engulfed by smoke and flames, Jester said. It was destroyed, but the attached house did not have fire damage, he said.
A 31-year-old man had burns to his hands and face and was taken by ambulance to Henry Ford Allegiance Health, Jester said.
The fire was accidental, Jester said. An investigation is on-going.
Jackson Fire Department, Summit Township Fire Department and Jackson Community Ambulance assisted at the scene.
(c)2020 MLive.com, Walker, Mich.
Visit MLive.com, Walker, Mich. at www.mlive.com.
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.