Firefighters in the Colorado town of Foxfield were dispatched to a natural gas fire, which erupted after a lightning bolt struck the gas line.
The curious case-which took place on Monday- was recorded by the bewildered firefighters of South Metro Fire Rescue, who wanted to document how the gas set a nearby signpost on fire.
A nearby gas company was called to shut the line off.
The footage was posted to Twitter and no major damage was reported.
South Metro Fire is an accredited Fire Rescue Authority serving 287 square miles of the South Metro Denver area with 29 firehouses.
© 2019 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, ticker BMTM.