A 100-year-old building in the town of De Pere Wisconsin burned to the ground, and roughly 20 people who live on the building’s second floor were able to escape before the flames trapped them inside.
According to WBAY, the fire started on the first floor where a restaurant is located.
The heavy smoke woke the people living on the second floor, as they scrambled to get their things and run out to safety.
Firefighters were told there could be people trapped inside, though firefighters never found anyone.
At one point, firefighters had to be pulled for safety reasons as the roof collapsed on itself.
Thankfully no one was injured.
© 2019 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at email@example.com, ticker BMTM.