A volunteer firefighter was struck in the face by a bullet after heat from a house fire set it off Saturday.
According to News 6, firefighters from the Buffalo Valley Fire Department responded to the house fire on Saturday.
As firefighters were trying to contain the fire, a bullet overheated and launched itself at a firefighter. The bullet then struck him in the face. The firefighter was flown to a nearby hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Firefighters say the house was apparently full of guns and ammunition.
The fire chief also had to be flown to the hospital after beginning to suffer from chest pains.
The department has not said what started the fire or given the status of the firefighter injured by the bullet.
© 2019 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, ticker BMTM.