Home Fire News Firefighter overdoses while at firehouse

Firefighter overdoses while at firehouse

SHARE


A Connecticut firefighter in New Haven was given Narcan while on duty Saturday, after he overdosed at the fire station.

The firefighter was discovered unresponsive inside of NHFD’s Engine Company 5 as the unit was heading out to a call, resulting in another unit having to take their place.

Fire Chief John Alston was present when the incident took place, and told WTNH that the whole affair is under investigation.

“Currently, the matter is under investigation, and we will not release anything further until a personnel evaluation has been done, and an investigation has been done.”

The firefighter -whose identity is not to be released at this time- has been put on paid administrative leave.

© 2018 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at info@brightmountainmedia.com, ticker BMTM.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here