Home Fire News Firefighter injured at North-Side blaze

Firefighter injured at North-Side blaze

SHARE

Five people, including two children, were displaced from their home, and a Milwaukee firefighter suffered an ankle injury, after an electrical fire Monday on the north side. A heavy-equipment operator suffered the injury while attempting to get equipment to the fire and becoming tangled in one of the hose lines, according to Battalion 2 Chief Pepie DuDeVoire.

About 24 firefighters responded at 1:12 a.m. to the fire at 4821 N. 19th St., which was believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction.

DuDeVoire said circuits appeared to overload, with numerous electrical cords in the home.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze on the second floor, where it caused about $10,000 in damage to the building and $1,000 to contents.

The American Red Cross responded to assist the family with temporary shelter.

(c) 2008 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here