Home Fire News Dog sets kitchen on fire, nearly burns down house after turning on...

Dog sets kitchen on fire, nearly burns down house after turning on microwave

SHARE

That’s a hot-tempered dog.

A house in England nearly burned down Monday after the family’s husky inadvertently turned on a microwave that had food inside, according to the Essex County Fire & Rescue Service.

The hungry dog, who was home alone, reached the microwave on a kitchen counter and somehow hit the power button, officials said in a news release.

A packet of rolls that were left inside the microwave then began to burn, causing a small fire. But the owner of the two-story house in the town of Stanford-le-Hope luckily noticed the smoke in a video feed from a surveillance camera inside the home, which streamed on his cellphone, authorities said.

“When we arrived, the kitchen was filled with smoke,” officials said in the release. “Firefighters ensured that the damage did not spread beyond the kitchen area — but it demonstrates that microwaves shouldn’t be used to store food when they aren’t in use.”

The dog was not hurt.

(c)2019 New York Daily News
Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here