Home Fire News Connecticut apartment went up in flames after hand sanitizer fueled fire killed...

Connecticut apartment went up in flames after hand sanitizer fueled fire killed 1, left 4 injured

SHARE

Hartford, Conn., — Hartford police believe a fire that tore through an apartment building and killed a 50-year-old man started when 28-year-old Destiny Waite lit a bottle of hand sanitizer afire and threw it at her girlfriend shortly before 1:30 a.m. Sunday, according to NBC News.

The blaze consumed the building’s top floors, killing Jerome Kyser, who reportedly succumbed to smoke inhalation, and leaving two children and a pair of adults critically injured. The surviving victims were airlifted to Bridgeport Hospital.

Waite faces charges of murder, arson and assault, according to the report, which says she’s being held on $1 million bond.

Waite’s lawyer said his client was not in the building when the incident occurred and blames Waite’s girlfriend for trying to frame her.

Dozens of residents at Charter Oak Apartments were left homeless by the fire, according to the report. At least 30 people were brought to area hospitals for treatment and observation.

(c)2020 New York Daily News
Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here