free stats

Advertising Links

Advertising Links

Sponsored Ad


Products 

4 1
Aluminum 4 6
Light Weight Red Head Aluminum 2.5 1 3/4
One Man Hose Roller Adjustable Hydrant Wrench Single Head Spanner
1 1/2
Dog Bone Pole Pro-Lite Hook 1 1/2
1.5 1 1/2
4 1/2 150 Foot Hose Strap
Dual Channel Hose Ramp - 4 Dry Hose Rack
1 1/2 1 1/2
6 Aluminum Wheel Chock

Posted October 4, 2009 EST

Home >  Article
House Fire Kills Three In North Carolina
Investigators said three people killed in a house fire in Union County, N.C., could have lived if a working smoke detector had been in the home. The Charlotte (N.C.) Observer said Sunday that in addition to the three unidentified victims of Saturday's house fire, three other individuals were being treated for smoke inhalation. Those individuals' injuries are not life-threatening, authorities said.

Union County Assistant Fire Marshal Zeb Mullis said the house fire may have been started by a lit cigarette being left inside a trash can inside the home.

Mullis said the 11 people sleeping inside the home at the time of the fire did not initially notice the growing flames and smoke because of the lack of operational smoke detectors.

"By the time (the people in the house) noticed the fire, the smoke had already filled up the house," the fire official said.

Mullis told the Observer that an unidentified boy inside the home managed to wake up during the blaze and began alerting others inside the home, allowing most residents to escape.

"Why he woke up, we don't know," Mullis said. "I call it divine intervention."

Written by United Press International

Courtesy of YellowBrix - YellowBrix