free stats
Last Updated - October 1, 2014

Products 


Services


Popular Links



Advertising Links


Posted June 27, 2006 EST

Home >  Article
Teenager Rescued
United Kingdom - A 17-year-old girl needed hospital treatment after being rescued from her blazing flat. The teenager suffered shock and smoke inhalation during yesterday's blaze at Windmill Way, Bensham, Gateshead.

Firefighters pulled her to safety from the second floor of the four storey building, which is divided into eight flats.

She was given oxygen at the scene by an ambulance crew before being taken to Gateshead's Queen Elizabeth Hospital for treatment.

The fire, which broke out at 1.25pm, is being investigated by the fire service and police. The lounge had fire and smoke damage and three other rooms sustained moderate smoke damage.

Written by Evening Chronicle - Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Courtesy of © 2006, YellowBrix, Inc. - YellowBrix


Bookmark and Share