free stats
Last Updated - August 20, 2014

Products 


Services


Popular Links



Advertising Links


Posted March 26, 2014 EST

Home >  Article
Firefighter Injured In Homestead Fire
United States (Pennsylvania) - A house in Homestead that caught fire Tuesday morning was filled with junk, according to authorities. A West Homestead firefighter was shocked while battling the blaze in the 1100 block of Sylvan Avenue by an energized electrical line inside the house.

Homestead Fire Chief Jim Barca said the firefighter was evaluated at UPMC Mercy and released.
I
t's unclear if anyone was living in the home. Barca said it appears someone may have been hoarding materials inside.

“Boxes, furniture, anything you can imagine,” said Barca, describing the contents of the building. “We're not sure if someone was hoarding or squatting in the building.”

It took firefighters about 40 minutes to bring the scene under control. The fire was initially reported at 9:24 a.m.

The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.


Written by Eric Slagle


Bookmark and Share