Posted March 21, 2014 EST
Three Alarm Dallas Apartment Fire
Updated at 10:20 p.m.: The fire at the Indigo Town Homes was put out about 10 p.m. Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said the fire originated in the apartment of a woman who left her stove unattended while cooking.
The woman said she left something on the stove briefly and when she came back her whole kitchen was in flames, Evans said. She grabbed her kids and left the apartment unharmed.
Four units were affected by the blaze and at least 11 people have been displaced. The American Red Cross is on its way to provide help for those residents.
A fire-fighter injured his leg, though not as a result of the blaze. He is in stable condition.
There were no other injuries.
Between 55 and 65 firefighters worked to put out the fire that quickly spread to the attic and roof.
Updated at 9:43 p.m.: The fire has been upgraded to a three-alarm.
Original item at 9:31 p.m.: Dallas Fire-Rescue is working a two-alarm apartment fire at Far Northeast Dallas.
Fire-fighters are attacking the fire and smoke coming through the attic of the Indigo Town Homes two-story apartment complex in the 11900 block of Audelia Road, near the intersection with Forest Lane. The call came in about 9:05 p.m.
There are no reported injuries.
Written by Claire Cardona