|Email A Friend Report Error Feedback Print|
The fire broke out Sunday morning in Harrison and burned for several hours before it was brought under control. It's not yet clear what sparked the blaze, which apparently started in a restaurant on the building's ground floor and spread toward a nearby apartment building. No civilian injuries were reported.
The fire sent heavy, black smoke spewing from the two-story building. It also spurred travel delays and forced organizers to re-route a St. Patrick's Day parade being staged nearby.
Written and photos by Associated Press