free stats
Last Updated - September 18, 2014

Products 


Services


Popular Links



Advertising Links


Posted February 10, 2013 EST

Home >  Article
Boy, 8, Killed In NYC Fire Started By Space Heater
United States (New York) - Authorities say a fire sparked by a space heater in a Brooklyn apartment on a freezing, snowy morning has killed an 8-year-old boy. The Fire Department says a firefighter and another person were taken to hospitals with minor injuries after the blaze early Saturday. It was in a building in the city's Flatbush neighborhood.

Henry Barnes lives across the street. He tells The New York Times he was awakened by screams, went outside and saw two women standing in the street.

He says one was yelling: "Get my kids, get my kids."

The boy died at the scene of the fire. His name hasn't been released.

Firefighters determined the space heater was too close to some combustible items. It's not immediately clear what they were.

Written by Associated Press

Courtesy of YellowBrix - YellowBrix


Bookmark and Share