free stats

Advertising Links

Advertising Links

Sponsored Ad


4 1
Aluminum 4 6
Light Weight Red Head Aluminum 2.5 1 3/4
One Man Hose Roller Adjustable Hydrant Wrench Single Head Spanner
1 1/2
Dog Bone Pole Pro-Lite Hook 1 1/2
1.5 1 1/2
4 1/2 150 Foot Hose Strap
Dual Channel Hose Ramp - 4 Dry Hose Rack
1 1/2 1 1/2
6 Aluminum Wheel Chock

Posted January 31, 2013 EST

Home >  Article
2-Alarm Blaze Destroys Commercial Garage In Muhlenberg Township
A two-alarm blaze early Wednesday caused by an overheated wood-burning stove destroyed a Muhlenberg Township garage that houses a repair business and three other tenants. No one was injured in the fire at Larry Camilli's Garage, which started about 4:30 a.m. and burned out of control for about an hour, township Fire Marshal James A. Pollock Jr. said.

He estimated damage at $250,000.

Neighbors were awakened by explosions as acetylene-torch tanks and other items at the repair business exploded, he said.

Dozens of firefighters needed about four hours to extinguish the blaze.

The building, which is at 5004 Mount Vernon Road, is owned by Diane Isett of Muhlenberg and has four tenants, according to Pollock.

Camilli's business is the largest operating there.

The other tenants store cars, car parts and equipment in the garage bays, Pollock said.

The building and all its contents were destroyed.

One woman who lives in the neighborhood said she was awakened by a loud bang that shook her house and a woman's scream.

She said she initially thought someone had been shot.

Hay and Mount Vernon roads were closed until about 8:30 a.m.

Pollock said the fire ignited accidentally when a wood-burning stove overheated.

No other properties in the neighborhood were damaged.

The garage has been at the location for more than 10 years.

Isett could not be reached.

Written by Reading Eagle

Courtesy of YellowBrix - YellowBrix