free stats

Advertising Links

Advertising Links

Sponsored Ad


4 1
Aluminum 4 6
Light Weight Red Head Aluminum 2.5 1 3/4
One Man Hose Roller Adjustable Hydrant Wrench Single Head Spanner
1 1/2
Dog Bone Pole Pro-Lite Hook 1 1/2
1.5 1 1/2
4 1/2 150 Foot Hose Strap
Dual Channel Hose Ramp - 4 Dry Hose Rack
1 1/2 1 1/2
6 Aluminum Wheel Chock

Posted January 29, 2013 EST

Home >  Article
Va. Beach Firefighters Put Out Blaze In Their Station
Firefighters didn't have far to go when a fire was discovered in their own station Friday on Nimmo Parkway. Firefighters at Station 21 were heading to the workout room on the other side of the building when they discovered a fire in the ceiling, said Tim Riley, a Fire Department spokesman. A heater in the ceiling malfunctioned in the weight room, sparking a small blaze.

That section of the building is isolated from the living area. Some of the firefighters said they had noticed a slight odor that morning, before discovering the fire, but dismissed it as a temporary smell from using the heater, Riley said.

He said it is a lesson for residents to always be aware of subtle warning signs, such as an odd smell or flickering lights, which could be an early indication of an electrical fire.

The fire was extinguished quickly, and the station remained open, though the exercise room had more of a foul odor than usual, Riley deadpanned.

Written by The Virginian-Pilot

Courtesy of YellowBrix - YellowBrix