free stats
Last Updated - July 28, 2014

Products 


Services


Popular Links



Advertising Links


Posted January 4, 2013 EST

Home >  Article
Winston-Salem Fire Destroys Apartment Complex
United States (North Carolina) - Unattended food on a stove caused a fire that destroyed an apartment building and left 22 people homeless. The Winston-Salem Fire Department said the fire broke out at 4:05 a.m. at 4260 Brownsboro Road. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke and fire coming from the building.

The fire department said 17 adults and five children got out safely before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.

Two apartments had major fire damage and the remaining six had smoke and water damage, according to the fire department. The fire caused $130,000 in damage.

One displaced family will stay at a hotel, while the rest will stay with family and friends. The Red Cross and Forsyth County Emergency Management helped the displaced families.

Written by News and Record

Courtesy of YellowBrix - YellowBrix


Bookmark and Share