The bomb squad responded to the incident.
"I was watching a movie and heard what sounded like fireworks," said Jermaine Good, who lives on the second floor of the complex. He said he ran outside and heard the smoke detector going off and saw smoke coming from the apartment across the hall.
Good said the occupant of the apartment told Good he was smoking and had fireworks in his apartment, and that his cigarette got too close and ignited the fireworks.
One member of the bomb squad wearing protective gear was seen going into the apartment. The entire complex was evacuated.
Good said he did not know the name of his neighbor, but saw him waiting in a police car after the bomb squad arrived.
Written by The Daily Oklahoman
Courtesy of YellowBrix - YellowBrix